View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
Rebel10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Can We Please Get a Wind Toggle

Yep... I've been asking for this for years, reporting it as a bug in every bug thread, and yet every year, in CFM, there are insane winds in every game. It ruins CFM for me, truthfully, because the games are just so unrealistic. Field position doesn't matter because in one quarter you can bang 80 yard punts in the air, and then in the next, you can't punt more than 30 yards.

Listen I get it if EA can't figure out why wind in CFM is broken, but wind in Play Now or MUT is fine. But just give a toggle to turn off wind completely... Thre's a toggle to activate wind in playnow (Weather: Windy), so why not in CFM?

It's so frustrating.

By season 2 or 3 I'm usually wishing I picked a dome team because then at least 8 of my games each season would be realistic.

In Madden '17 this could be "resolved" by using SuperSim for any special teams plays. It sucks that you had to do this, but at least you'd get mostly realistic results. It was doubly bad because going into M'17 one of their marketing slogans for the game was "Making special teams special again," and then they just somehow completely missed how broken special teams was because of the wind, and so you had to skip all special teams plays to get realistic playing game. But, with Madden 18 you can't even do that, because SuperSim kicking is totally messed up, and kickers miss 1-2 PATs a game and finish with ~50-60% PAT accuracy over a season. It's so bizarre that they broke this element of the game, something that they seemingly didn't touch.

I'm always amused when EA does not make any changes to a mode, like CFM and SuperSim/Play The moments this year, and yet... they introduce bugs to it, like the PAT accuracy issue, even though *the mode did not change*.

The very first video of CFM that was released I looked to see if the wind was still broken, and of course it was. Here's the CPU punter kicking from his own 15 yard line:

ANd here is the result of the punt, which sails to the opposing teams 8 yard line. A punt that travels 77 yards in the air.

Yet 2 drives later, in the next quarter, then the same punter is punting into the wind, the ball does not travel 30 yards in the air.

There is no game in NFL history with wind this strong, and if there was it would be a major storyline of the game, and teams would strategize their drives to be with or against the wind. BUt, in MAdden in CFM, every game is like this. And this bug has been present for 4 years.

Last edited by Rebel10; 09-09-2017 at 10:09 AM.