Old 09-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #584
benton32
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I did. It's tough considering how bad SF's offensive line is, but that's how it should be.

BTW-
Here are my accelerated CFM rules;

I'm not a play every down guy, I have kids, I have family, I have a job, I have side work. I cannot play every down and get through a season (I do play every down of slider test games, so everything I posted above is valid), so I came up with some rules to ensure I am ultimately responsible for my team's success or failure, but I can get through seasons quickly.

I love Play the Moments, but it doesn't identify quite enough situations as "moments" so I came up with a different way to use it.

I categorize games in 4 levels; 1.) Playoff games, 2.) Divisional games, 3.) Intraconference games, and 4.) Interconference games. Each uses it's own sim rules.

Overarching rules- Always play the 1st possession of each team in each half (2nd as well if it was a 3-and-out, the idea is YOU set the tone), and always play the finals 2-3 minutes of the first half (second half depends on how competitive the game is). Otherwise, follow the rules below.

1.) Playoff games

Play every down, period. Too important not to. Even if you're getting slaughtered, you want to experience that blank stare you see on players faces as their season is ending.

2.) Divisional games

< 14 pt difference- play every down.
14-21 pt difference - play "key" downs (see below)
22+ pt difference - Play the Moments

3.) Intraconference (non-divisional) games

< 10 pt difference - play every down
11-17 pt difference - Play key moments
18+ pt difference - Play the moments

4.) Interconference games

<7 pt difference - play every down
8-14 pt difference - play key moments
15+ pt difference - play key moments

What are "key moments?"

You sim 1 play at a time, and enter the game on all 3rd & 4th downs and red zone plays. Also jump in when you feel it's appropriate. For instance, I also play all 2nd and short and backed up plays and I define 25 going in as red zone, not 20.

With this system I'm able to knock out a full season in about a quarter the time it otherwise would, so I can actually make some progress in my CFM. Also, it makes you look at AWR of players, especially QBs, since it figures heavily into sim results.

I try things like that to.... but i always wonder how real is the supersim plays... seems like its just random stats... soooo many runs that are 4 to 5 yard rushes, almost to easy to say like on 3rd and 2 just to sim a play and get a easy first down, I have seen runs on SS mode where it lost yardage to so its not always guaranteed, I just wonder if the supersim plays take into account talent, atts, etc etc, but last season i was mixing games up, using coach mode picking plays and letting them do it... and then sometimes i wold do some super sim plays and then even the broadcast sim plays which i call watching..