Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #16
niftyjets
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: When is it safe to start Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Never. It's never safe.

In my case at least. Rosters will be updated, patches and tuners will be released, there's always something to give you that urge to restart, 'do it better' the next time, 'it'll be better with these updates', etc. etc.

This year I decided to jump in and start. No waiting on day 1 rosters, no waiting for the fixes, just jump in and enjoy it best I could. Why? After year one the relevance of day 1 rosters is gone, as the CPU has cut rookies, signed FAs, gone through Free Agency and drafted their replacements.

Once Play Now Live is tweaked/fixed, once a few patches come out, once the mode changes enough, and I have played my current one to wits end, and I'm ready for something new, I will see how the mode has changed.

Untill then, I'll rock the out-of-the-box CFM experience as long as I can.
I just want to say this was extremely well written. My buddies and I play an online franchise together and we have for years. And we used to always start with the opening day rosters because thats when you would always get the most accurate ratings in my opinion before reaction to them playing would change the ratings every week. But NFL rosters change almost daily and with my Madden OCD I would find myself constantly wanting to restart but I finally realized you cant. Get the rosters as best you can and go. You can always find workarounds and when you play an online franchise 99% of the fixes dont require a restart.