View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #17
Fuimus Troes
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Problems rushing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
With a fullback, you need one with a very high run block or he will be destroyed on every play. My drafted FB with an 81 RB has some success in picking up LB's especially on runs outside.
Yeah, nope. The most important stat for a FB is not run block, it's impact block, which controls lead blocking/blocking in space (i.e., pulling linemen and FB's).

Several times I've had FB's in the 90's with IB in the 90's and RB in the 80's, and the LEGACY ISSUE persists: power play to the outside, pulling guard and FB set up a PERFECT -- literally -- running lane for you to follow, only to bust *** back inside at the last second to leave you hung out to dry. It happens all the time.

Sure, every once in a while they actually stay in their lanes, but not as often as they bail on you. Not nearly as often.

To me, this is an immersion-killer, so I rarely call those plays. Straight dives work well, inside traps are killer, and zone runs work VERY well -- just like real football, they often don't work and get strung out for no/minimal gain, but you CAN cut upfield if a crack is there and get good yardage.

The blocking code in Madden works great so long as blockers block straight ahead. The code ****s itself when pulling and lead blocking is involved. Period.