Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #109
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
it's starting to creep into my mind that this notion of "ea doesn't care about offline gamers" is correct. i can kind of understand it - there's a very real sense in which we're kinda like if battlefield had a contingent of guys who wanted to play offline against bots and had a giant list of complex demands. that's us. hope i'm wrong.

You are correct.

We are the Jurassic Park of Madden players. A bunch of 40 something's who played sports games in their infancy and grew up on the franchise mode model and it peaked for us on Madden in 2005.

Since the move to PS3 it has been a long way down but IMO Madden 25 started a somewhat ascent for us who love franchise mode. Because on PS3 it downright stunk to high heaven along with the gameplay that took 3 steps backwards.

It peaked with the Connected Franchise model last season and all we got this year was a lot of "off-season tuning" which I do notice. So a small golf clap for Tiburon in that regard.

But yes we got the shaft this cycle. It was all about Longshot, and MUT for Madden 18.

Again what is the confidence level about Madden 19 getting the TLC for franchise mode it needs? What is the confidence level CPU AI both on and off the field will get the TLC that is long over due?

My confidence level is very low.

Madden 18 may be it for me for a long time. And that may be by design from EA as their model is clearly not aligned with the simulation sports game community that plays offline.

They are going after our kids folks......not us.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23