View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 04:58 AM   #559
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

I was on the fence on getting the game, but ultimately decided to purchase it, and I already regret it.

Madden never has a particularly long shelf life for me, I typically lose interest in November or so due to the game's issues, but here it is mid September and I am fed up.

The issues I have may be patchable, but I get the impression that the developer's have no desire to make the changes I would like to see.

Sim style gameplay is not sim, it is arcade. Every game turns into a shootout. I play with the Ravens and in my games both teams end up averaging around 7.2 yards per play. The highest last year was 6.7, and only 4 teams eclipsed 6 yards per play.

Again, this is with the Ravens offense and defense, on top of the fact that I tend to play a conservative style of play.

Most of my games have at least one defensive touchdown. It is a minor miracle if both teams do not give up one 50+ yard TD pass.

I'm fed up with using sliders to fix these issues. I lower pass accuracy to get deep accuracy under control and QBs still hit the deep ball but instead are 5 yards off on slants and drags.

Gameplay has regressed this year, and with the state of franchise there is nothing that saves this game.