View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #172
T4VERTS
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
2K's franchise mode (MyLeague) doesn't require any microtransactions and never has since its inception in 2K15.

http://forums.operationsports.com/fe...gue-interview/

Before MyLeague, there was Association Mode which also did not have any microtransactions. There was one year, NBA 2K14 (the jump to next-gen), where there was no Association or MyLeague mode, only MyGm and it did have microtransactions. Although, you could easily upgrade your GM by playing games. Madden doesn't really have a mode similar to MyGm so there's no real comparison there.
I assumed myleague was same setup as MyGm where you can use VC to influence contracts and morale of players. I don't play much 2k other than I do MyGM because of the immersion of it. I could easily see them working in some things with a VC like micro transaction. Do it for things like stadium upgrades and relocation advanced options. Maybe do it for uniform customization or more options. Add it for hiring historical coaches. There are places where a currency that can be earned in game, but can be bought to make it easier would be possible inside the current CFM structure without being pay 2 win.