View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
apollo1980
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden PS 4 Classic teams, what if we all stick with ONE version of Madden?

I've seen people make, or attempt to make, classic teams for Madden PS4. Apparently, there is an editor for those with XBox, but not the PS4. There are issues with making classic teams every year with Madden's newest release ... from AI, to removal of old school uniforms/helmets/etc., to restrictions on what can be edited on a player. And new restrictions come up, every year.

What if the Madden PS4 classic roster community of makers, and fans (like myself, as it's the only reason I have Madden) settle on ONE version of Madden for the PS4 to build all classic teams?

What brought this idea is the PC community, who makes teams and mods for Madden 08 PC, since it's the last version of Madden made for the PC.

They are constantly updating the game with seasons after 2008, as well as modding the game to have the latest uniforms, stadiums (old and new) etc. Do a search for Football Freaks for Madden 08. You'd be blown away at what the PC community has done.

The PC game was hacked, over time, for these mods.

While I'm not expecting mods for a PS4 version of Madden...if the community decides to stick with Madden 15, 16, 17, or whatever, it will also give time for some clever computer friend to figure out how to read the roster files, and perhaps, in time, we could have a roster editor, like the Xbox.

One version everyone concentrates their work on. In time, it could mean we get most of what we want in classic team creation.

What do you all think of the idea? If you agree, which version of Madden should the classic roster community default to?

(I'd also like to add I bought, used, Madden 15 for $2.99, and Madden 16 for $5.00 at GameStop, which is a lot cheaper than paying full price, and, if a given version is decided on for classic rosters, you'd have a community jumping on buying that older version of Madden 1X for next to nothing.)
Advertisements - Register to remove