Old 09-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #20
Old Man Nathy
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trade Calculator (Version 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Ok I'm definitely going to use this to help guide trades this year, and essentially not make any trade unless its judged as a "fair deal" by the guide. Last year, I ended up with so many draft picks each year because I was constantly flipping soon to be free agent backups for future picks. This year I wanted to have some type of "house rules" regarding trades, and this should work perfectly.

I was wondering, why the different values for draft picks and player values when you are playing online vs offline? Seems like whether a trade is considered fair swings quite a bit depending on whether you are playing by yourself or with others. Not arguing with the logic used here, I'm just wondering why offline/online are considered different.

In single player middle and late round picks are far more valuable because in online play, people reach for anybody even vaguely draftable. In a normal class most people online are just throwing darts at a board by round 4, whereas in offline, if you're not finding 5-6 studs per class, right through to round 7, you're doing something wrong and need to check out my scouting tool.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!