View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #210
mykelmosinee
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The idea that there's little enthusiasm for a feature rich, deep franchise mode is based on the negativity around what we have now. It's because what we have is so weak that people feel that way. NBA 2k doesn't have that negativity around MyGM because it's so good. Thye've build something that NBA 2k gamers play and enjoy. Nobody says "dang, let's just get rid of MyGM, nobody cares about that anymore."

If EA wasn't so stubborn as to not look at anything that other devs do that work and took the opportunity to improve franchise mode and figure out ways that they could monetise it for those that want to pay then the Madden community would be all over franchise mode again. At least in my opinion.

Until then, the negativity around the mode will continue.
Well said, especially about EA being unwilling to mimick what other companies are doing successfully.
As long as they continue to try to do their own version of CFM and presentation in its current direction, it's destined to fail.
They own the freaking ESPN license. Yet they refuse to use it, and I'm almost positive it's for fear of falling well short of what that OTHER game did with it 13 years ago.
I'm not very optimistic anymore...it's become pretty clear their direction isn't what we'd hoped for.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk