View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #269
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
How's your Franchise Mode Going?

The dream is over. After extending the series to 6 games with a Game 5 win in Philly, the Flyers looked to bring it back home in Game 6. But the experienced Lightning were having none of it and closed the series out and punched their tickets to the Cup Finals.

The LA Kings beat them there, claiming their second straight Cup. Elsewhere, Flyers goalie Anthony Stolarz did indeed win the Calder Trophy for rookie of the year, but Detroit's Petr Mrazek won the Vezina.

Not much happened in the offseason for the Flyers. Mainly kept the President's Trophy winning team together and banked on progression from my young studly defensemen. I did off Nick Cousins and a 2nd round pick to Dallas for Jason Spezza. Wanted to solidify that 2nd line center position and traded youth and potential (though I felt it had a lower ceiling) for a year of a proven but aging center. It's Cup or bust this season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?