Old 09-20-2017, 02:40 AM   #224
El_Toro50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
This is simply not true at all.

In {web.link} last year from Rex, at the 31:30 mark, he's asked about Nano blitz recognition and the possibility of O-line play evolving to include blocking schemes, and he specifically states that when he pitches these advanced ideas, the high level execs base their resource allocation on how easily marketable the feature will be, thus directly influencing the creative direction of the game. "Why are you pitching me something that you need to fix or clean... that's not something I can go out and sell." His exact words.

Sales and marketing have everything to do w/ the creative direction of the game and the resources allocated.

I agree. Sales and Marketing are one of the largest driving factors in feature implementation in software. I'm a Data Scientist for IBM as my day job, and I collect, clean, and analyze millions of lines of data for our Sales and Marketing team. This includes not only usage data, but client requests also. This is one of the largest, if not largest driving factors in our teams decision making when considering revising, or implementing features in our products.

While it is possible that it differs for EA, it is highly improbable that they are not following this business model, or a derivative of such.