View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #236
T4VERTS
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
The problem is they have said in the past few years that Franchise has been updated and upgraded and improved better then its ever been.

But nothing the "Franchise" guys want are really in there.

He did say they fixed a bunch of legacy issues, but none of the top 10 that people really wanted.

To ME, and this may just be me. QB AI, Playcalling and Gameplanning by the AI are ALL legacy issues. They have been trash for year, after year, after year.

The commentary, a huge legacy issue when you get to year 4 and they call your 4 year QB a rookie.

And the biggest kicker to me is that these issues all bleed into there money maker MUT. But those guys dont care because there to busy running the same 2-3 offensive and defensive plays against each other all day.

I can see why some of those MUT objectives are so high. 45 sacks with 75 overall Ware in your lineup, but you only have a week to do it?

Thats easy, I can get 10 sacks a game.

I guess the bottom line for me is they have double talked us with the "Oh improvements are IN the game" or "We are working on it" or "We see the issue and are looking into it" or on and on and on it goes. To only come out with a product like M18.

The QB AI issues are...I cant even find a good word for them. There HAD to be NO testing. Its not glaring, its the sun in your eyes.

The playcalling, an issue for so long but WE the people have a fix for it. But they wont use it? They are THAT proud of there created playbooks calling 4 verts 30 times a game? Yeah good job.

The commentary. "He spikes the ball, why did he spike the ball the clock wasnt even moving". Yeah it was you moron. its 4th qtr, 1 minute left in game...oh forget it. Go buy a coke and STFU.

The zones and man coverage are STILL broken. One play Marshon Lattimore is hip to hip with a guy on a deep pass. Makes a BEAUTIFUL play to knock the ball away. The next play Jalen Ramsey (10 points better overall) falls 5 yards behind a WR with 9 less points in speed, 5 less points in agility, and a Route Running of 68. What?

10 to 20 times a game Ill call zone plays only to realize when the QB throws to a wide open guy, running right past my zones, that they are STILL broken.

All of these things are glaring issues that WE ALL saw day 1, game 1.

Yet they made it into the production release.

Ill call bull that they even care about the biggest issues in the game. They only care about there money, and money maker MUT. Bottom line.
Lot's of things here that's your opinion which and thats a good thing, but there are a lot of those to work through on a game of this size. Now understand what I mean here. These are your gripes, but to someone else there are different gripes and a different set of priorities. Now expand that over 8 million users and you can see that dividing up development time to fix ALL issues while still delivering new marketable features is a daunting task. Every new feature will have bugs, that is how development works. The problem is it is a compounding effect when you don't have time to fix the past ones, they just keep stacking.

The foundation of the game needs some serious work, but right now they have to continue to plug holes in the dam year to year. I think they (dev team) are doing an admirable job plugging the holes based on the conditions they are provided with. I am not sure you'll see any major jump in any one area until they take another look at how the game is released.

I will say that in doing some work lately with John on gathering feedback, there are a lot of different views on what is a priority to different people. I think we did find some pretty universal demands across CFM and how people play it that can hopefully make it in for 19.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 09-20-2017 at 09:54 AM.