View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #585
BigSexy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Presentation could be a hell of a lot better, especially for offline CFM. Names of created players aren't said, at least to my knowledge. Jarvis Landry broke the single game TD record and not a word was said about it. Little to no team backstories are given after Year 1 in CFM. Super Bowl still features no Halftime show; I wouldn't care if they got some nameless blonde chick to stand on a stage while somebody said "And this was just a few minutes ago during the *insert brand name* halftime show."

I know 2K is the go-to when comparing sports games, but their commentating system was beautiful. You had Chris Webber, Kenny Smith, and Brent Barry alongside Kevin Harlan depending on where you played. If Madden could implement a regional commentating system, that'd keep the commentary from getting stale.

If Tony Romo could give a preview of the next play, that'd be amazing.

I'd also like to see a panel, similar to that of NFL on FOX or CBS. Get some retired players and coaches and a third party host to talk storylines before each game. Offense allowed eight sacks the week before? Talk about how their zone blocking can be tweaked. Defense had two touchdowns? Talk about how important it is to have defensive scores.

It doesn't have to be this formula, but anything's better than what we have now. I like Gaudin and Davis, but there's infinite room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove