View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #360
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

I was definitely going to be Madden 18 this year. I didn't buy 17, but felt it was good enough buy this year if they improved in certain areas. But then around Mid-late July, my hype for game died down completely, mainly from other sports games coming out around Madden. Then knowing that CFM only would see a few improvements, pretty much killed it for me. I didn't like how they hyped up Coaching Adjustments and Game Styles as CFM improvements when actually they are gameplay improvements. Draft Board only really effect Online. Hopefully CFM sees a big jump next year, but it is not easy to think so. Frostbite will still demand a lot of resources since it will be year 2. Longshot will demand a lot of resources if they continue on with it. NBA Live might still demand a lot of help next year because they might transition to Frostbite and they need a lot of work with there Franchise as well. So it is not easy to say Madden will focus on CFM next year.

I ended up renting Madden. After playing it for a little while, it really feels like Madden 17.5. Where as a offline gamer, I feel glad I didn't buy it this year. Where it is good enough to enjoy, but not enough depth to warrant a purchase.