Old 09-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #11
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i know your doing this and talking about playing cpu . But one thing i wanted to ask here.

In our league we have offsides at 5 ( the reason for this is , so users can use fake snap to draw offsides users who just user dline, but it wont draw offsides CPU dline, so people cant spam it to get easy first by tricking cpu.)

Now having said that, two things - 1 we have ridiculously high number of sacks, and not because alot user dline. So alot of sacks are by cpu. We average 8 a game , some games have had 17 in a game. We also see run game pretty easy , with us as a league in a week averaging 125 yards per game per team.

We also have pass block at 95. Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out how to lower those sack numbers, and raise the toughness to run some , but for the life of me im at a loss here. So im curious when i read you state that lowering offsides penalty cut back on pass rush and made running tougher.

Any input is appreciated

Echoed here. Sacks & pass rush are the lone part of the pass game I have not been able to balance this year in our league, and it's causing guys to throw less & less, leading to very low pass yardage despite our pass efficiency metrics (when they DO get the pass off) being really well matched to the NFL now in terms of yds per att, comp%, etc. Some guys user DL which contributes but is not all, most guys in the league rarely user DL.

So here I am curious about penalty sliders. Is there any evidence you can provide to quantify a bit how you believe these sliders affect things? I typically only listen to data or posted evidence as every penalty slider thread I see has guys posting with supreme confidence something that is different than the next guy posting with supreme confidence.

But, we're kinda desperate. Pass rush on AM this year is really imbalanced.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 09-28-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove