Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #14
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So here is my question, in an online league with 32 users, how does this whole part here work :

"My experience is that main menu penalty sliders effect the gameplay the most. "

I mean getting everyone in league to set the penalty sliders seems like a real hassell . If only the main commish does it in his, how does that effect everyone in league? This is something i really dont get and would love more details on explaining how that works in this type a situation.

Personally I'm pretty dubious penalty sliders affect gameplay much if at all. I *want* to believe, because guys on OpSports make these declarative, bold claims--but often you can find equally bold claims in direct opposition to each other and always without any evidence or measurement whatsoever.

However, as you know it's kinda desperate times for the 32-man league slider community this cycle. All Pro is pure arcade offense, but pass rush on All Madden is just so powerful. So, I'm experimenting with dropping Roughing & Offsides in our league as those are two sliders that elicit the strongest claims of affecting the pass rush (i.e. lessening it.) Only a few games into the week, so it's still way early to say anything for sure, but for what it's worth our sack rate is identical to what it's been for weeks now.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have never gotten any of the many people who make hard-fact declarations about what large differences penalty sliders make to back it up with anything resembling evidence. Confirmation bias is stronk.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues