View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #458
Velocityy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Just a few thoughts from tonight 3 game stream.. well 2.5 cuz Besitkas ran through me in UCL and we wanted to test some ideas in another match lol...

Played the first two games on normal and 50 sprint, 52 shot error, and the final game at slow speed 45 sprint 52/57 shot error. The sprint suggestion came from Josh as a way to maybe slow the tempo a hair and bring a little more mud and patience to the match. I definitely felt that in the 3rd game vs Stuttgart. No ill side affects at all. I commented that it made me wonder how low we can go. On 17, 45 sprint and below felt like quicksand to me. This year I can barely tell a difference in terms of responsiveness and player weight. What I did see was just a bit more patience to the match. Reduced those moments where you see the players advance down the pitch a little too quickly.

Shot error 57 was two fold. First, to look at the post shots. 2nd to look at that shots on target %. I had a couple howler misses from the CPU, one on a first touch shot, the other on a crazy side foot volley attempt. Very contextual. However, still finished 66% in target for the CPU.

As opposed to many years, the values do not feel nearly as sensitive as years past. It has me thinking outside the box for a few of these values and I'd like to get more thoughts on the subject.

In terms of lines, I'm VERY against drastic changes to what we have. The shape is quite simply marvelous. FB's can be looked at but I'm hesitant to alter the lines much further than we have. Fine tuning only. I do not want to lose the feel I have of each match playing and looking completely unique to the last.

Exciting year for this game, I can see myself having a blast in career with this puppy.
We saw a lot of great things in this stream tonight. 45 sprint looked great, and as Blue says, didn't feel bad in match. My idea with 52/57 shot error was just simply, we as the user don't need to drastically change shot error compared to the CPU, who is hitting almost everything on target. Wonder what the threshold on shot error for the CPU is. If the values aren't as sensitive, maybe it's as high as 60?