Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #6
Yeah...THAT Guy
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pretty impressed with The Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
whats actually the sense of the journey? you follow the life of an fictional character and if the journey ends, it ends and you move on with other game modes?!

it's nothing like nba2k mycareer or ist it?!
More or less, yeah, you'll be able to return to Hunter's career in FIFA 19. I couldn't stand the idea at first, but I'm starting to view it essentially as a TV show. The way they introduce you to FIFA 18's The Journey basically gives off that same vibe too...a "Last season on The Journey..." and then a montage of all the main plot points. I didn't like The Journey in FIFA 17 very much, but I'm impressed with what they've done in 18 so far.

One of my few gripes is that (slight spoiler below, but it was revealed in one of The Journey trailers so it may not be super spoilery):

Spoiler

I'm a sucker for character customization, so I love that they gave us the ability to give Hunter new haircuts, outfits, and tweaks to his kit.

I assumed that I wouldn't bother with this mode this year and just stick with Career Mode and some Pro Clubs, but I like what I'm seeing so far.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont