View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #7
ZombieRommel
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 vs PS4 Pro Versions?

60FPS is something I've wanted and have been asking for since UFC1. I am primarily a PC gamer and only play my PS4 for the exclusives. I run a GTX 1080 with an i7 7700k on my PC with a 144hz monitor, so 30FPS looks absolutely stone-age atrocious to me, and the motion blur is hideous, I don't care what anyone says. The motion blur garbles the scene and ALSO uses a moderate amount of GPU rendering power since it is a post-processing effect. It's basically a cover-up many devs use to mask how juttery naked 30FPS is.

I can't give any info on whether or not this is coming, but I can tell you that every single dev I've talked to on the team knows that this is a big deal to me, and I also believe Kenetic and ZHunter are on board as well.

While EA UFC is a sports game, it is also a 1v1 fighting game, and virtually all serious, competitive fighting games (Tekken, Street Fighter etc) run at 60hz - so in order to be taken seriously by that crowd, 60FPS is essential, and yeah 30FPS with motion blur feels juttery enough by itself, but when you play something at 60 - 144hz for a few hours and then go BACK to 30? Feels like you are gouging out your eyes with ice cream scoopers.

I love this franchise, but its biggest weaknesses, in my opinion, are not related to gameplay. They are technical issues that completely kill my enjoyment, like juttery 30FPS, the hideous blur, and the insane lag you can sometimes encounter online. I come from the land of buttery smooth 144hz and dedicated servers, so this kind of performance (local and online) is pretty revolting to me and something I'm personally beating the drum very hard to get addressed

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 10-04-2017 at 10:55 AM.