View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
SonicMage
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I posted about this years ago and it hasn't changed. It has always bugged me. I'm curious if you roster makers edit this? But the Post fade right and left ratings are backwards. When attempting a fadeaway, players 90% of the time fade to their shooting hand shoulder. So, if I'm right handed I tend to go fade away to my right shoulder as it's a more natural move footwork wise. Fading away to my left is not only awkward but very hard to create space to get a good shot off. 2K has this backwards. They have the opposite shoulder with a higher tendency. I saw a lot of the same thing with hook shots as well. It just looks bad in game and so much better when changed to the correct way.
First of all, you're not completely correct. There are a few players known for having killer post fadeaways off their non-shooting shoulders and use them quite frequently, such as Melo, Dirk, and Z-Bo. I'm pretty sure Wiggins does, too.

But I want to ask you, are you 100% positive that the "Left" and "Right" in those tendencies stand for Left and Right turning shoulder, as opposed to Left and Right block, where they are shooting the shot? The latter definition would be more consistent with every other tendency where they have a Left vs. Right as two separate tendencies. Just checking to make sure you've tested it.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here