Old 10-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #790
ImmortalMindz
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
Personally, I find 35 pass speed much more enjoyable on manual than 50. It feels closer to the Demo to me. For me it does two things, it gives me greater control of touch in close quarter situations, and it creates a greater distinction between the three types of passes: normal, through, and driven. That's just me though. I wouldn't say that 50 is unplayable but it does give it a "one pass fits all" feel. Again, this is just my preference while playing all manual and it is certainly subjective. I think that's the point of the sliders, to get to a point where the fundamentals are playing realistically so that we can then fine tune the mechanics of it to our tastes.

Downloading patch now.for PS4...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell0075
I think a lot of this disparity comes in the controls. On the front end there is no suggestion of control methods and most people take it as user choice...which it is of course...BUT in this years version the difference between automatic/semi and manual is huge. For me the two control options should have their own slider set...we're really talking apples and oranges here.
Yes, I think control settings are making a big difference, and that's likely why I have a different impression - because I'm not playing manual. I have in the past quite a bit, and I remember that short passes and layoffs were an issue. So I could definitely see how a lower pass setting works well for resolving that.

I've been playing on assisted or semi (still haven't settled on which) and personally I find 50 passing for the user to be great. Tons of variety. Love the new threaded through pass this year (something I didn't know about until yesterday!). Plus I also feel like I notice individuality in passing more than ever this year with assisted, which is one reason I'm leaning that way. And I rarely use the driven pass myself, so it's not a big bother to me in terms of user pass settings.

I agree though. Different control settings (and game speed!) have such a massive impact on gameplay, it's almost like we have to state exactly what settings we're playing with before we post!