Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guide: The Season 2 Expansion – A New Approach to Expansion Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Absolutely, no credit needed...I'll be paying close attention to your findings

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I found a solution based on your idea that works really well. The only thing I changed was in regards to any players you want to move to different teams. Doing trades in franchise mode is a bit of a time consuming method when you have to take control of other teams to do so and I've experienced not being able to take control of other teams as their owner if I've already done so once in the past (the option is greyed out with a padlock on it...?) That could potentially be problematic in the offseason when I need to take control over several teams.

Anyway, it was very quick and easy to go to Roster Management in the main menu and only release the players you want to move to different teams and no one else (in my case that was only 2). You shouldn't run into any roster minimum requirements when you only release a few players and you can then go to free agency and sign those players for their new teams immediately.

Then for the rest of the initial roster, I followed your method although I put in a small change where I instead of releasing every player, kept any player rated 70 OVR or lower with only 1 year left on their contract. That way I didn't have to release or sign as many players which saved a bit of time.

Thanks again for the feedback! Setting up the initial roster is a lot quicker and easier now