Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Early thoughts/questions/feedback...

I had SUCH a good time in that ARS v LEI game last night.

1) I'm curious what the benefit of such low pass speed is? Like, why is 35 preferable to say 40(ish). I was rolling 38 pre patch. 35 is by no means 'unplayable' as I've seen suggested, I just feel the ball moves SLIGHTLY too slowly relative to how fast the players are moving. Basically, what is the "con" of running in the say, 38-43 range?

2) Thia game featured 2 goals from outside the box (see video) from Mahrez and Xhaka. Did anything stand out to anyone as being "off" or did they look good to you all (i.e. shot speed, GK animations, accuracy, etc.)

3) Shot error. I think 50 MIGHT produce too many shots on target. What are your thoughts here? I was toying with 52/3 pre-patch, leaning towards liking 52. (I use w/e default shooting is, I assume assisted--i know it ain't manual LOL).

Looking forward to your feedback. This game is SO good!!!
I played one game, so I don't have much ground to stand on, but you asked for feedback, so...

1) I'm in the same pass speed boat. I think something around 40 might be a good compromise of how it plays and looks. Generally, I think assisted/semi users will get better results with lower speeds than manual. In my one match I played with 45/35 and while my manual passing was good considering the rust, the CPU's was maybe a bit sluggish (but it was Brighton).

2) On the Mahrez goal, while the oh-so-realistic Xhaka matador defending was the main culprit, the backline (Kos in particular) really didn't react to the threat and even receded into the box a bit . It was similar on the Xhaka goal; ball moves into danger area at the top of the box and the defenders, who were in good position a few yards above the 18, back into the box allowing time & space to shoot.

Everything else looked acceptable enough to me. Good distance shooters, on their stronger foot, with space and momentum, etc.

3) I also think some shot error is preferable, but it's a very fine line between too many on target and unable to finish. However, considering how many wild attempts we see IRL, I lean towards more error in hopes it will punish poor timing/positioning (not sure to what extent it does) and add some more, well, error.
Advertisements - Register to remove