trekfan
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
You Don't Know Jack: A Pacers Story

System/Game: PC/NBA 2K18
Mode: MyLeague
Rosters: 2K official (with slight edits) as of 10-06-2017
Sliders: Superstar default -- injury frequency set to 22, severity to 25. Will adjust as needed.

Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Draft Class:

I've set the quality to 47, may lower or raise it depending on what the league needs.

The classes themselves will be Auto/user created -- I'll be avoiding using actual players in the 2018/19/20 classes, and instead give 2K's draft class generator (and other users) a shot for the first time in many years. I know the CAP system, in terms of features and sculpting, has taken a step back, but I've largely been impressed with the diversity in the auto-generated draft classes.

Ages are skewed too high, but it's easy to edit that in quick edit mode and drop everyone to 18/19/20.

Season Length: 82 Games
Regular Season Rules: 20-24 played, rest simmed.
Playoff Rules: 2 playoff games (randomly determined by number generator, one must be in first four games) per series.
2 games allowed in NBA Finals (randomly determined by number generator, one must be in first four games)
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Injuries: On (Frequency for both CPU and User at 22, effects at 25)
Progressive Fatigue: Off (seems to be too much this year, so I've taken it off -- with chemistry and injuries still on, I anticipate the league will be fine, but will adjust accordingly as we go).
Team Chemistry: On
CPU Trades: Off
CPU Trade Approval: Off
Trade Override: Off
Control: 30 Teams, CPU automation for lineup/coaching tasks on every team but my primary; total control otherwise (roster moves, drafting, free agency, etc).

Welcome to my newest dynasty thread! My last one, Defiance: The Odyssey of Ronald Bazemore (linked in my signature below), was concluded many weeks ago and I've had this one sitting in the oven for awhile. 2K18's gameplay is quite good, but the many bugs/glitches forced me to wait till we got to a point that I felt I could start a league without suffering a patch that forced a restart.

I had a couple of different ideas for this one, but recent events (the natural disasters, the Vegas tragedy) forced me to reconsider some aspects of the story and trash them altogether. The tone of this is going to be different than I originally had planned, but I believe the story has benefited from it.

I decided this year to jump back to a team I first starting writing dynasty's for, way back in 2010, the Pacers. I never finished that one (found here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-dynasty.html) but I did very much enjoy that team.

The Pacers -- by pure luck -- brought back a few players from that squad this year, primarily Daren Collison and Lance Stephenson. That, and their new unis (which I quite like), convinced me that this was the team for me.

This story, much like my first dynasty for 2K17, will be told in a 1st person POV, past tense -- consider it an oral history of sorts, but with a twist this time, as we're going to follow a player.

As always, any and all comments are welcome. I hope you guys enjoy.

Now, with all that out of the way ... let's begin.

(Disclaimer -- all this is FICTION so don't assume any of it is real in any way, other than the game results anyway.)
Advertisements - Register to remove