Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #37
MizzouRah
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Attribute Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
Wow and I mean that in a good way. Ok I have maxed the attribute slider on and off the last few nhls and honestly either didn't notice much or it made gameplay unrealistic. Just played default sim with the attribute sliders maxed and I honestly feel the only thing I need to do is up penalties.
Quick background, have purchased every NHL game going back to the first game on Sega Genesis. I strictly play offline, franchise, I want my games to mirror what we see on NHL every night(also a NHL center ice subscriber).
What I just played was what I have been trying to create with a ton of slider adjustments. I just saw many inaccurate shots, non skilled players losing the puck deeking, most checks not looking like a mlb just took out a receiver. Like size of player and speed of hit mattered without touching those sliders.
As an example I was the Rangers, Marc Staal finally felt like a big lumbering d man that had a horrible turning radius and generally felt horrible to control with the puck compared to Mcdonagh and Shattenkirk. Drouin(spelling) kept blowing by Staal and I need to lunge in desperation with his stick just like he does in real life to make up for his poor foot speed.
Ok I'm sorry this was so long, gunna play a few more games. One last thing I was on allstar, I felt the CPU going into crazy onslaught mode in their o zone was calmed down with way less tic taco toe passing. I also felt the nuetral zone was way more clogged up forcing me to dump and not just dumping because I'm trying to create real hockey.
Exactly.. only other thing I've done is max the main penalty slider to 4/4 and the TWO penalty sliders in the gameplay sliders for CPU and CPU AI penalties both set to 100/100.

I actually had a game where I had 8 PP's.. never before has that happened, I've also had a few games where they are 4-5 each team.

This one Attribute Effects slider maxed on 10/10 has changed the game for me and I often find myself in awe at how much the game actually represents hockey now. I look for my dangerous scorers now and keep an eye out when my 3rd line D is out on the ice so I don't over commit in the O zone. Never before have I been this aware of who's on the ice for either team!