Old 10-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #446
triplechin
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Just throwing this out there. One of the least communicative EA guys on Twitter is John White, who heads up the CFM/Franchise stuff. I don't know him, I have no beef with him personally, but maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know what goes into a good CFM/Franchise mode. I want to say he worked on Head Coach but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, I'm not sure we've considered the fact that maybe EA with its current leadership and developers just don't know what should be in a franchise mode. Maybe their definition of Sim is different than ours. Maybe their ideas for a legitimate offline franchise mode are different than ours.

I know Clint and others say that just because they don't respond doesn't mean they haven't heard us, but its hard to have an honest discussion on what we as consumers want to see when the lead franchise guy doesn't communicate. We have no idea what he is thinking. They apparently thought the draft board was a huge success. That was their direction.

I guess the question is this (and maybe Rex, John or Clint are reading this), how can we have meaningful dialogue and discuss, suggest, pinpoint what we'd like to see? It's clear that the gamers (franchise guys) aren't happy and I'm sure EA is sick of our repetitive tweets that just get shuffled to the back of the line.
I feel like the unfortunate truth is that we are a minority and really not on EA's radar. It is much easier and requires less effort for them to please H2H and MUT guys rather than franchise guys. I know 2K does both decently well but the Madden team is just not as talented. If they do want to listen, they could just look here and at least find the more common complaints. But the most likely scenario is they pop a couple features that sound nice but have no depth to them, sell enough, and repeat. At this point, look at how everything in franchise is a mess and connected in odd ways. Sliders effect this that and the other thing rather than whatever it is intended to be. Can't change CPU playbook without wasting 10 mins per game, blah blah blah. They really need to start from the ground up IMO and scrap the mess that was created in CFM (and rename it to something that is not CFM)

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html