View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #24
timhere1970
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Run/Pass commit under threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Agreed, but I would like for it not to completely overturn player ratings. I think the way it is right now I can have players with PRC in the 60s but if I pass commit they 100% of the time will not bite on the playfake.

Ideally a coach adjustment will modify the % chance, but player ratings still need to matter.

But I guess it depends on the exact nature of the adjustment. If it is something like a overall philosophy of playing the run first vs the pass, player ratings should matter more. If it is a coach adjustment meant to be used situationally then ratings would matter less.
As with most coach adjustments i would like the players to have a corresponding trait of how they tend to play. Some already do and balanced should make them play to their trait. For instance at balanced the secondary players that have the aggressive trait should play aggressive and conservative should play conservative.

Constantly asking players to play against their trait should affect morale/chemistry/confidence. Some defensive linemen are aggresive pass rushers by nature and are much more likely to cheat on their run stopping duties to go after the qb. I would love to see a trait like that in the game and if you constantly tell that guy to be conservative he would get mad and be hard to resign. These things woud make cfm more enjoyable and make in game coach adjustments mean something in that i lf you just set your oline to aggressive the whole game it would make some players mad. Each player should have a trait in my exaple of either more likely to read run, pass or balanced. Like you said it has to be a game of percentages. The coach adjustment woud be similar to the coach or defensive captain telling a rookie to nite bite on play action or watch out for the draw. I also thknk screens should be considered runs for this adjustment.