Old 10-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #537
triplechin
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Glad at least someone else is willing to say it. All I see is bashing in this forum. Turns me into a fanboy by comparison when I'd much rather be the balanced middle ground.

Madden has come such a long way since M25 in terms of 'sim' features. There are issues and criticism is fair, but come on. I've been in or run a fairly competitive (in terms of skill, not as in game mode) sim league since M15. We have plenty of guys who don't really know how to read a defense post-snap too well or use features like ID the Mike. And this group represents a mega-hardcore slice of the sim community.

So I just can't get on board with the "sim crowd has gotten nothing" chorus. Detailed zone responsibility, match coverage, ID the mike, slide coverage, DB press leverage & alignment, run blocking (yes, as far away as it still is, blocking is much better than M15), pass blocking & pocket formation (interior pass blocking still a major issue but they've made clear strides here), DB/WR interactions in general, etc... FAR from perfect, and I have some glaring criticisms of balance this Madden.

But it's come a long way. Wish the devs got at least credit for what they have done amidst all the loud cries about what they haven't.
I haven't followed every post on the thread but I think when people say SIM issues they are referring to franchise mode features. We have a barebones franchise mode and it hasn't improved. I think if they could put a solid showing into franchise mode a lot of the complaining would stop, the gameplay has seemingly improved at a decent rate with all those details you mentioned (although the functionality of some of them can be called into question) but franchise mode is garbage. I've seen people on reddit having a poor time trying to keep 32 man franchises active because people just don't like it. I think franchise needs to be redone, but that is a lot of resources, which is why I don't see it happening.

It starts with removing XP!

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html