View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #541
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
It is now crystal clear EA's vision is the same for Madden as it is with the Star Wars franchise.... monetization and paywalls, with little to no single player focus whatsoever.
So, essentially, those of us who are NOT MUT or competitive players are left in the cold.
For those that don't know, EA shuttered the studio working on Star Wars and are letting some very talented people go, based on their change of direction regarding loot boxes and cards deleting the "need" for single player gaming.
Sad, sad day when we have no alternative NFL game to play...it is what it is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Hyperbole

Madden has a franchise mode and plenty of solo player gameplay. Yes, the emphasis is on multiplayer and MUT, but there are thousands, if not millions playing the game solo every year, including this year.

I feel your pain. I remember that feeling when FBPro 99 was recalled and Sierra shut down all of its sports games. Honestly, that's when sim football gaming died. That's when sim football players either went without or slummed with the console gamers. It wasn't great.

Seriously, the landscape of sports games, despite the lack of competition compared to the turn of the century, has never been better. You may be missing a focus on your personal favorite mode, but to say there is not football is beyond ridiculous.

This is probably the most I've played a football game since those FBPro 98 days. It's not a sim, but it is pretty damn impressive. You can still play a season with your favorite team. You can play in an online league. And despite some issues, it's the best gameplay any football game has ever had.

You aren't left in the cold. That's just you being too stubborn to come inside where a ton of people are actually warm and having a blast. It's okay to play a sports game that is not perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove