Old 10-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Thank you 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebonez34
I second what he just said. The people on here calling the developers lazy or saying they don't care is just funny to me, like the average gamer knows exactly what goes on to make a game like nba 2k18 with all the coding and different departments that go into making it. I have a homegirl that is a lead developer over at Red Storm/Ubisoft and she explained to me the some of the coding she had to do for games like ghost recon, she might as well been speaking Chinese cause I didn't understand a single thing lol. For instance like in the art thread people are complaining cause 2k hadn't updated kyrie and gave him his shaved face, like bruh its freaking hair!! It grows back, just look how fast his joint grew back when they played the Cavs the other night. I don't expect 2k to update a players hair just cause he decided to cut it or grow it out in real life. So if Lebron decided to cut his beard today and go baby face people would flood that thread and be like "come on 2k, get on your job and update lebron he doesn't have his beard anymore", only for him to grow it back like a month or two later. People just need to chill and enjoy the game PERIOD!!

The devs of this game are far from lazy, not sure how anyone would think that. If anything they are a little to ambitious with trying to do to much, and the game ends up being shipped with some major issues, that can make certain modes broken until a patch or 2 is put out, for example this yr, MyLeague/MyGM issues. But they typically get things cleaned up, either right before the season starts, or shortly after. Now I wonder about the quality of testers they have working for them that is, who are on their payroll,lol.
But if you look at what all the devs of NBA2k due each yr, to their game, its by far more than any devs of other sports games, and their franchise mode is by far deeper than any of the other sports game as well. So to say they are lazy, is just flat out BS from those who say that. Its not laziness as to why the game has some major issues when it 1st comes out, its them trying to add too much to the game each yr.
Heck MLBTS devs dont do half the work that the NBA2k devs do, and their game which is a good game by the way, even typically has a few major issues when it 1s comes out each yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts