View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #5
BigSexy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Making a Return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
How many times are we going to do this song and dance?

The exclusivity deal still exists, the NFL and NFLPA prefer to negotiate exclusive deals (though the NFLPA has remained non-exclusive with respect to licensing their IP to mobile games), EA can't afford to lose the NFL license because that would destroy their product overnight, and there's no news about any other AAA game studio working on a Gen-4 football title in any capacity.

Further, to directly address the premise of the video, how and why would the termination of the collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and NFLPA have any bearing on how those two entities individually license their respective intellectual property to third parties? I don't see any connection there.

I just wanted some discussion, is all. It begs the question “What if”; and I’ve seen independent game companies make leaps and bounds in improvements. Axis Football is a prime example of this. This might be a loaded statement, but I don’t think people care too much about the NFLPA. There will always be created rosters that can implement real-life players.
Advertisements - Register to remove