View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #3
SteveMC36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
I see the major threads vary on penalties. I have always felt that major penalty adjustments mess up the game play, but every year can be different. What is the consensus for 18? Leave them alone so you don't degrade the game play or go ahead and adjust them to get a better sim feel because they don't impact game play?
from what i've seen, it doesnt effect gameplay per se, what it does do is things like increase the time your offensive line will have a false start animation and therefore increase the amount of times that penalty- so when you talk about it effecting gameplay, what exactly do you mean? so far for me i have been quite impressed with how much the animations match up with the penalty flags, like when a defensive back will stand in the way of my receiver and impede his progress forward, preventing him from making the catch, i get really pissed off and yell "thats interference!" lol, but then they (usually) throw the flag, which i think is pretty sweet.

if you watch an NFL game, there are usually anywhere from like 9-15 penalties called, they are a huge part of the game and have huge impact on its outcome, so i employ the same rule for my sim franchise. sometimes ill get like 5-6 called, other games there will be like 13-14, it can suck when they get called on you, but all in all makes the game a lot more enjoyable and much more like real life imo