View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #639
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The problem with madden ratings is there is no deciferable difference on the field. A CB with 88 man coverage plays the same as a cb with 85 man coverage and they plays the same as a cb with 83 man coverage.

The numerical rating system is just to give users a way to say this guy is better. What they need to do is tie all animations directly to ratings, I thought this where they were going with the new ball carrier moves but they kinda just half arsed it
I noted this back dealing with NCAA, that EA’s ratings system is Tiered, and that there is no difference with the “in between” numbers with those ratings that function in “animation” triggering (ratings used in win/loss formulas are different).

Just recently (highlighting/separating the Elite player from the crowd) the threshold windows have been changed from times past where they mostly based on 10+pt thresholds (ie 70-80-90 etc...)

MCV is the “proximity” Rating with some of the win/loss formula vs RTE mingled within.

I gave TrojanMan some info pertaining to this rating and others that would significantly clean up some things in CFM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98F0590A-8C30-49DD-A1D5-27AB94FE4771.jpg (100.1 KB, 81 views)