View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
sethisthegoat
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2017 beginner tips?

Thanks for the tips! I am pretty dreadful thus far, but having fun! Ran a few practice Grand Prix with some different cars, running the 2010 Red Bull, current Mercedes and the Ferrari. Finishing in the top 10 at level 25. (Started at level 40 and got blown away.)

Anyway, started a career at level 25, running with the Haas team. (I know this means the car isn't as good...but I figure the goals will be more attainable than if I picked Mercedes to start with).

Just finished my first race weekend. I did all the practice, have full qualifying and doing 25% race length. (Like an above poster, I'm a father of 3...and my normal game time is from 6 to 7 a.m. Just don't have time for a 50% race).

I felt like I was running okay in practice, and was putting in a pace around what my qualifying goal was (15th). (Fun fact: During my first practice laps, I was inadvertently running on Max fuel and ran out of gas...)

Qualifying was not good. Put in an okay lap my first time, then got into some traffic and bumped against Raikkonen. Anyway...qualified in last place about a half second behind 19th.

Then on race day it was raining, which I hadn't practiced on. My finishing goal was 17th, and I was mainly just focused on finishing the race, hoping to get in front of a couple cars and maybe get lucky with some retirements...Started out fine in the first lap, moving up to 18th. In the 2nd lap, I came up to fast on the car in front of me and broke my front wing. (The visibility factor is no joke in the rain...) I had to pit, and that put me 35 seconds behind 19th place. I never could get back up to the pack, and ended up getting lapped by the end. Finished 19th thanks to one retirement.

Anyway...having fun with it so far! I did win the "classic car" challenge. Looking forward to diving into China over the next few days.
Apex Legends (PS4
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Out of the Park Baseball 20