View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 04:19 AM   #3
DaGreatOne21
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden May Be A Roster Update After all

I mean, part of me gets excited to hear this. Why? Because Ive said for years and years and years that one of the biggest issues with sports games is the fact thats its an annual release, which IMO hinders the product. EA already uses that "short development cycle" excuse year after year after year, so I would hope that if they did skip a year, it could give them more time to implement features that otherwise wouldnt get into the game, or maybe completely redo as aspect of the game they couldnt do with short development cycles.

The reason Im not optimistic? It's EA. They will take a year off, come back, and they will have completely gutted franchise mode, and a few years later, release revolutionary new features like "play multiple seasons in franchise mode" and the ability to trade players....and maybe release an "NFL Draft" expansion for $39.99 that allows us to experience the fun of being a GM by drafting college players. Unfortunately, they wont have time to implement fully editable and sharable draft classes. Maybe in two more years....