View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #1381
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Two Things the Author Wants to Show You

I wanted to take a break from your regularly scheduled UConn dynasty game to point a few things out to you folks that I've noticed in my life over the past 24 hours.

1.) I am reading a book for school right now, and yes, one of the characters is seriously named Isaac Jackson.

Although this I-Jax does not, contrary to my beloved quarterback, have ice in his veins nor a quarterback's arm. Poor guy.

2.) I asked you folks a while back of teams you wanted to see in non-conference action in coming seasons. I will be playing some CAC teams in the near future, but this beautifully crafted article put away any doubt of a team we need to start playing again.

The rivalry is too tragic to simply let die. Please read that article. And then peruse some UConn archives, considering that we have played some good games against them in the early years...

I'll get out more info on any future matchups we may or may not have against the Knights, but Central Florida, here we come!

--------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxxerx
On paper it seems like a pretty good match up for you Guru. To me your defense vas their offense should be fun to watch. Good luck and hope you bring the "W" home.
In total honesty, it surprised me to see that Michigan State wasn't any better than we were.. in fact maybe a little worse, especially given that they entered the season ranked in the top 10. All around their roster, there isn't really a star player - indicative of a traditional Dantonio team. Nevertheless, they have some good pieces and exciting young kids we'll need to stop.

I agree this should be a good matchup for us. Their weak run defense against our deep run offense should really play to our strengths in this one, though Williamson has been rather quiet so far this season. I agree that this should be a W, but you just never know. Hopefully we can keep up the positive momentum and tally win #3!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove