View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #26
cuoreceltico
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
LOL.. I agree but I wouldn't call it "lying" it's actually called selective marketing which in reality accentuates and markets big ticket features in a game. I sort of knew when the deflecting of questions regarding certain penalties were being done by EA..What they messed up on is by advertising three modes that perform in different ways when in actuality that's not the case. If they knew that DH couldn't be implemented in sim mode correctly then they should have stated that due to the new engine certain penalties will be affected, but this would lead to negativity , and an uproar that they are getting now. So marketing 101 accentuate the positive (new frostbite engine, graphics, etc) and dabble in the fact that "we have 3 modes see we listened to the community" aspect. Now 3 months later the game has almost reached the end of it's cycle, it's about to start trending to selling at a reduced price, and it has increasingly been tuned and patched to support their money maker tournaments, online, and MUT. At this point they can then throw out the reason why certain penalties in sim aren't working which will give them a head start in marketing because now people will buy the game next year because the penalties and modes now work correctly..I think what irritates me the most is that certain people have the opportunity to test the game out well in advance and yet every year we get the same talk that the game has improved but we can't talk about it line. I know several of them suggest changes but it appears to fall on deaf ears. Will sim mode and penalties work correctly next year?..I guarantee it..and it will be a point of emphasis...it's a yearly cycle but it's part of the industry..
The point is that I don't see any leap forward in order to have decent football simulation, any leap forward to have more deep in the franchise mode. Seems to me, and I apparently i'm not alone, that all the energies are channeled in others direction. I know that this are only words, only speculations, but frankly, I'm completely disappointed with how the evolution of this series is handled. I'm a customer, I'm unsightly of the product, seems legit, apart of all discussions about industry and marketing, that start to be really annoying.

The real problem is that actually madden is the only football game, otherwise as FPS will be who like COD and who like Battlefield. As this topic say i'm really skeptical that at this time Tiburon has enough resources to develop a game that everyone is happy about.