View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #10
fballturkey
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Pay to Play in Madden

It’s off the topic of madden, but I have no problem with how Forza and COD WWII handle micro transactions/loot boxes. In COD it’s all cosmetic and you unlock things relatively quick.

Forza I especially don’t know what the fuss is about, because you can drive any car in the game (besides some DLC ones which are one of the times I’m ok with DLC because the cost offsets the developmental/licensing costs) in free mode, and the rewards in career mode are good enough to keep you going without ever spending a dime. The main problem for Forza is that people don’t up the race length to long which is where the game feels balanced both for gameplay and rewards.

Battlefront has a bigger problem because they are locking iconic characters behind ~40 hours of playtime each. That’s unreasonable and I wouldn’t assume the Starwars name is going to get them off the hook. Now if “Darth Vadar but in gold!” took 40 hours they wouldn’t be hearing any of this.