View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #106
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Exactly. It’s sad. Blocking (for me) has been one of the worst experiences, yet they have a former NFL OL-man on the dev team? I’ve seen so many missed cut blocks by offensive linemen (which they shouldn’t be doing in the first place; most OL-men are stand-up blockers) some rated at 89+, that I’ve had games where I was sacked 16 times.

In replay, blocking assignments are constantly blown. I played both DT and guard in high school and have seen better technique there than in Madden. I get it, it’s a video game and it’s not perfect. But it’s happened so frequently it’s an enormous cause of frustration. I’m no programmer, but how hard can it be to program decent AI?

My main gripe is that they advertised it to be “everything you see on Sunday.” Man, if you can’t do something right, don’t do it at all.
This always makes me laugh. The reason is because I used to always say this. There are probably hundreds of posts on OS where I said this years ago.

Until I actually saw how hard it is to program AI. Its really hard. Like really difficult.

Now that isnt an excuse for Tiburon. If they have AI programmers, their focus should be on fixing these long standing issues. Whats frustrating is I dont understand what the AI programmers have been working on since the 3rd week of August when they were first made aware of the Statue QB issue.

There have been virtually no changes to the game's AI since release. So what have they been doing? Is this QB AI issue so bad that it takes 3 mos to fix?