View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #15
xCoachDx
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I don't think you've even seen the worst yet when it comes to Madden. 2K's stock has made big gains this year and I think the entire sport niche is going to take notice at how efficiently and effectively they've forced consumers to pocket up more cash if they want to have a pleasurable experience day 1. We don't even have to get into the shady stuff, like patching and editing the game so user's individual players fail to live to expectations - encouraging them to create new ones and pony up more cash.

2K has really figured out how to bend the consumer over the table, so to speak, this year. You can't play MyCareer (realistically) unless you drop the money, which is something you don't have to worry about in Madden. Both products offer card games that generate revenue as well.

If anything Madden is leaving money out there. I think we can probably expect, in the future, to see something similar within that game until the community as a whole has had enough.

Big difference between 2K and Madden is that 2K actually gets a lot of realistic gameplay aspects right whereas Madden gets hardly any at all. 2K can do what it wants because their gameplay backs it up. Madden has been an atrocity for years so it cannot follow the same path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove