View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #227
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I feel this is another case of one step forward and one step back. I noticed the QB changes right away, and for sure it's really improved.

Unfortunately it seems they have completely nerfed the pass rush. On AP I used the Seahawks and I was getting upwards of 10 seconds to throw at times with a bad O-line. I tried turning down pass blocking all the way to 5 and it didn't matter. One game I played against the Broncos and Ifedi (who is awful) owned Von Miller. Pre-patch my bad linemen were being consistently beaten by superior D linemen.

What this has done is make o-line irrelevant again. I loved how it was pre-patch, with my bad line I had to look at line match ups to determine where the pressure was coming from, use ID the Mike, use the line slide feature. I had to know where the pressure was going to come from and what I was going to do with the ball. Now I can just sit in the "pocket" (it's not really a pocket since the ends don't get up field much anymore) and wait until someone is wide open. I don't need to use any line features and I know even the blitzes will be picked up. Ruins CFM too, I was scouting o-line to rebuild mine, now it doesn't matter, just draft some garbage ones because the ratings no longer matter.

I bumped up to All-Madden, turned down blocking to 40 and still didn't see much difference. Will have to try further tonight but the problem is I'm terrible at offence in AM to the point it's not much fun. But having a brick wall oline on AP isn't that much fun either.
I am not experiencing this at all. I have played 3 full and 1 partial game game since the new patch. My offensive line play has not changed at all. Now I am using my 1987 roster, so that might be the difference. However, in my last game I took 5 sacks and the pass rush forced me to make some really bad throws.

Have you made any other changes since the patch? Have you tried deleting your profile since the patch. Sometimes that makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't. I did not delete my profile, but I know others have.
I hope things work out for you and the oline plays fixes for you. So far I am really happy with this patch.