View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #232
Rhudey
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have noticed that O-line play has been improved, but I would call it more of a feature than anything else. Before, 1.07, I felt a rarely ever needed ot use a blitz or the Aggressive Pash Rush, even against good O-lines (i.e. Raiders) and if I did, it was an almost guaranteed sack. Pre-patch, on AP at (or near) default, I could make just about any mid-rated RT look like "Chaz Green on on ice" just using a 77-78 OVR DE (such as Charleton or Gregory) on a 4- or even 3-man rush. Now, I have to actually mix in blitzes and the Aggressive Pass Rush adjustment to generate pressure when the OL and DL are more or less evenly matched, which seems about right.

In fact, my first game after the patch, I got smoked through the air and QB scrambles, simply because I was used to sitting back in generic Cover 3 or Cover 1 (to guard against the run), and just depending on QB stupidity and overpowered D-line to shut down the AI passing game. That strategy rightly no longer works (at least with Dallas's mediocre secondary), for which I am grateful.
I am fine with the cpu pass blocking being improved, I actually found that slider to be fairly responsive as well so that really isn't my issue. It's MY o-line that is now too good, and the slider doesn't seem to have any effect. For me it takes away a huge part of the game, because I don't have to worry about match ups or re-building my line in cfm....any lousy o lineman can block Von Miller all day now. I shouldn't be able to count to ten while standing in the pocket.