Old 11-25-2017, 12:53 PM   #41
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Do you want Longshot to return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Yeah I don't get the comparison being made. So it takes 4 hours to complete this Longshot mode, most people completed 66% of the mode equating out to an approx investment of time in the neighborhood of 2.5 hours. Meanwhile it's being compared to games that take MUCH longer then that to complete and somehow those numbers are equal?

I still haven't touched Longshot myself and think it was a gigantic waste of time, resources and energy but that's just me. Comparing the usage rates for this mini movie to full length AAA titles though doesn't really prove anything in the end other then people apparently didn't feel compelled to finish a mode that they had already invested very little time into as it was.
The point is gamers don't finish single-player modes, regardless of length. Portal was one of the games listed in one of the links I posted and a very large chunk of that game's player base didn't finish it. That game was wildly popular and can be completed in a little under two hours if you know what you are doing. The average new player who does finish it does so in four hours. It's not a big game, and yet people aren't completing it.

The criticism that many of the games I typed up in my above posts are longer single-player experiences than Longshot is valid, sure, but my point extends beyond long games. Players don't finish short games either.
Advertisements - Register to remove