View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:26 PM   #121
Toupal
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I think this has raised a LOT more attention than EA thought it would....the negative reactions aren't going away as everyone thought they would.
More and more people are looking into the "gambling" that loot boxes are providing, and just the overall ethics of pay to win loot boxes.
EA can say what they want, and try to downplay the **** storm of negativity this all created, but this is far from over. They've put themselves under a microscope with their greed and unethical practices, and their investors have noticed.
Stocks have dropped, and several reports have said this is costing them through a substantial drop in sales as well as future sales.
Personally, I'm glad to see that...they needed to be checked, as they were out of control.
It's pretty clear to me their continued plan of action was to continue putting out mediocre games, with little if any innovation, using skeleton crews, and using loot boxes (which cost them next to nothing to develop). Just sit back and watch the idiotic gamers throw their cash into the coffers.
Sickening.
Now, I understand that their entire reason for existing is to make money...anybody with a 4th grade education knows that. But there is a limit, and a huge difference between making a profit and fleecing the public.
Anyway....they took it too far, and they've been called out on it. All eyes are on them, and this calls into question their entire lineup of games...they had best be very very careful what they do and say now. This is more serious than they're letting on.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Not to mention that they get exclusive lisence with things people hold dear such as the NFL and Star Wars leaving those fans with no other option to play games.

If it werent for the names and brands tied to EA’s games, no one would reward these eggheads with their money.
Advertisements - Register to remove