Old 11-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #13
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cover 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Yea, last madden the mid read worked great, but, for whatever reason, they screwed it up this year. The MLB will drop back about 5-7 yards and then just sit there, and the vert hook zones will give the slot/TE free inside releases about 50% of the time. It's a mess out there honestly. but if you change that mid read to a deep 3rd, suddenly everyone plays it correctly. The only drawback to that is if you don't user the MLB, it can hurt you. They won't stop dropping early enough, and the deep third takes them out of the run fit so they can miss their gaps against the run game. I'm used to playing as the MLB anyway, but it's almost mandatory this year if you want to see realistic results.
Yeah, I'm one of the few in my league who doesn't typically user MLB. I often take an ILB who isn't in the mid/read C2 or a safety. But sounds like I'm gonna need to do it in C2, because to your point while deep third may be safer, even that's not really correct and could leave a wide open guy over the middle past the sticks on, say, 3rd & 8.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues