View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 AM   #6
Rollo
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PROGRESSION: OVERHAULED

I really like the ideas in this write up and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who wants something like this.

One thing that really stood out for me after reading this was something I experienced while playing MLB The Show 14 on my PS Vita (not sure if it was a Vita feature or if it also happened on the console). At the end of every offseason (or whenever progression took place) a 'random' triple A star would be boosted to 99 for the season (possibly a couple), only to then be brought back down to a somewhat normal level. I feel this kind of goes in line with your idea of potential chance. It also makes for a player that defenses can't figure out for a season, and then all of a sudden just key in on a season or two later.

Another thing I thought of while reading was how to combat reaching for physical studs in online (and offline for that matter) franchises. The further the reach, the worse his progression %'s could be (within reason/scope of his potential). This would be a dynamic relationship (utilizing the players projection and potential). If the rookie was drafted within his projection, he wouldn't see a change to his progression %'s. If he was drafted 1 round early, he may see may see a very small drop (high potential), or a larger drop (low potential). The further the reach, the more of a drop in progression chance. A 7th round low potential projection taken in the 1st round could have a catastrophic change to his progression %'s.

Just a few ideas for now. Thanks.