View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #27
Thunderhorse
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I played a game today where I caught all the breaks. In one half I returned a punt for a TD, my next possession a playaction bomb for a 70 plus yard TD on the first play, I returned a fumble for a TD, on 3rd and 5 I'm just trying to move the chains and run the clock out and a short pass turns in to a huge run after catch play for a 75 yard TD, then I get the ball again and am trying to run the clock out and I get the pancake glitch which led to an easy TD run. Moral of the story, Madden doesn't predetermine who will win. Sometimes you get all the breaks , sometimes they go against you.
So basically you have little to no control over what's happening, The AI has a scripted outcome and that plays out in front of you, which is pretty much all any rational person has ever pointed out.

Football is a game of inches. A lot of times one single play can make the absolute difference in a game. One conversion on fourth and inches, one special teams play, one turnover. This mentality of "you get some, you lose some" works for basketball, it has no business in football. Possessions are too important. What should matter is user input in relation to user strategy; What does matter is predetermined dice rolls, scripted/manufactured AI, or rubber band logic.

Don't like this guy? Mute it and just watch the play. What sport is this?

whichever way one wants to go about defining that, the fact remains the user is not in control over what plays out in front of them (as you've just admitted). For a game that has enough trouble simulating the sport as it is, neglecting to give the user control in an effort to illustrate what the devs perceive is an authentic representation only makes the product even more comical in nature.

Last edited by Thunderhorse; 12-03-2017 at 11:05 AM.