Old 12-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #30
JayCutlersCig
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
So basically you have little to no control over what's happening, The AI has a scripted outcome and that plays out in front of you, which is pretty much all any rational person has ever pointed out.

Football is a game of inches. A lot of times one single play can make the absolute difference in a game. One conversion on fourth and inches, one special teams play, one turnover. This mentality of "you get some, you lose some" works for basketball, it has no business in football. Possessions are too important. What should matter is user input in relation to user strategy; What does matter is predetermined dice rolls, scripted/manufactured AI, or rubber band logic.

Don't like this guy? Mute it and just watch the play. What sport is this?

whichever way one wants to go about defining that, the fact remains the user is not in control over what plays out in front of them (as you've just admitted). For a game that has enough trouble simulating the sport as it is, neglecting to give the user control in an effort to illustrate what the devs perceive is an authentic representation only makes the product even more comical in nature.

My biggest gripe is the hit detection in this game. My God, the HD is awful. Players running into each other with no triggered animation. Instead, they just flop like fish out if water. I like physics-based gameplay because it feels more natural, but the physics in M18 are borderline broken. But some animations are nonsensical, too, like the corner shifting three yards to get into the animations.

Remember when the old Maddens were purely animation based? I’m talking ‘01, ‘02. The game looked less natural but played better, IMO. Are these devs sacrificing natural gameplay for realistic looks?