Old 12-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #169
TheOncomingStorm
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Hey we don't have to agree on this, but my job as a parent isn't to make sure my kids are happy. My job is to make sure they have some damn sense and can grow into functional adults.

The idea that not allowing Madden in my home is in some way neglecting my child's happiness (as if that even matters over something so petty, I mean go outside son!), or even in some way abusive, is in my perspective comical.

I am a hoosier and never would have imagined I would never eat Papa John's again. I'm also a Black man and I recognize the historical sentiment behind their public comments about anthem protests (which they tried to walk back after everyone called them out on it).

I could care less if my children cried about how they can eat Papa John's at their friend's house but their "kook" dad won't order it at home. When they're grown and understand the nature of the world, hopefully I've done my job as a parent and gave them some damn principles.
No one said it was "neglecting [your] child's happiness" or being abusive, just that it would be lame if your children wanted to play a football video game, and you denied them that because of your personal opinions of EA. That would be lame. Let kids be kids.